I love this photo of a bridge near Georgetown in DC. It’s an old bridge. Millions of cars have used it. Understandably, it’s under maintenance. Without it, the bridge would become unstable and jeopardize the safety of all whom come into contact with it. But oh, aren’t we all the bridge?! We’ve all been trampled on, battered by the storms of life, and the scene of a wreck (hello toxic relationships!).
We’ve been spit on, neglected, and taken for granted. And you’ve made it through all of that 🙌⠀
Just like this bridge, we need routine maintenance to keep us functioning well. Perhaps we can use B.R.I.D.G.E. as a guide.
- Breathe – Take a few minutes each day to clear your mind and focus on cleansing breaths. 🧘🏻♂️
- Rest – Schedule time for extended breaks (vacay) and get that sleep (talking to you, high achievers!).
- Intention – Set a positive intention at the beginning of each day. For instance, “Today I will find gratitude in every situation.”
- Dance – Or just do something that makes you smile! 😁⠀
- Give – It’s hard NOT to feel great when you’re helping someone else.
- Exercise – Get out and move your body! You’ve probably heard plenty about this one, but it’s true. You feel great when you’re in a routine of exercising.
Remember, the whole point of a bridge is to CONNECT. If you’re not taking care of yourself, it will be difficult to be of service to those whom you serve.
How do YOU practice self-care? Let me know below!
To your success!